CONGRATS TO LUCKY WINNER - FREDA!
Mason "Mace" Perry was a firebrand cop on the D.C. police force until she was kidnapped and framed for a crime. She lost everything-her badge, her career, her freedom-and spent two years in prison. Now she's back on the outside and focused on one mission: to be a cop once more. Her only shot to be a true blue again is to solve a major case on her own, and prove she has the right to wear the uniform. But even with her police chief sister on her side, she has to work in the shadows: A vindictive U.S. attorney is looking for any reason to send Mace back behind bars. Then Roy Kingman enters her life.
Roy is a young lawyer who aided the poor until he took a high-paying job at a law firm in Washington. Mace and Roy meet after he discovers the dead body of a female partner at the firm. As they investigate the death, they start uncovering surprising secrets from both the private and public world of the nation's capital.
Soon, what began as a fairly routine homicide takes a terrifying and unexpected turn-into something complex, diabolical, and possibly lethal.
The plot is stellar and Ron McLarty does a great job of reading this book and depicting the various characters. Ron does the male voices very well including accents, emotions, and putting emphasis where required, but I didn't find his female voices to be that different. Still, the power of Baldacci's True Blue is such that the miles flew by and I sat waiting in the car at the parking lot, listening mesmerized to the story and for the chapter to finish. If not for my family getting impatient, I'd have sat in the car all day long, just listening.
A copy of this audiobook will go to one lucky reader of this blog!
- Which audiobook have you listened to recently? If you haven't, then tell me why you want to win this one?
- Please list your email address within your comment so that you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
Deadline Midnight CST of January 11, 2010.
Eligibility Only residents of the U.S. or Canada are eligible to win. No P.O. Boxes
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
Note - This book was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.