Saturday, July 30, 2011

Gerard de Marigny stops by...

Today I'm happy to welcome Gerard de Marigny, author of The Watchman of Ephraim, who's guest blogging here today.
About the Book - Aref Sami Zamani is planning a terrorist attack on American soil - codenamed "Antioch," a plot to detonate a nuke over the city of Las Vegas. The Watchman uncovers a connection between Zamani and a Mexican drug cartel but their agent goes missing before they can learn more. That's because Zamani has a spy working for The Watchman. Strange events start to unfold near the Nogales border crossing. References are discovered to something the Mexicans are calling "Noche Del Espantada" ...Fright Night," but can it mean something else?

Why I Write Thrillers

From the moment I read my first thriller novel, I was hooked. There are many types of thrillers from the mystery thrillers Agatha Christie wrote to Tom Clancy’s political and techno thrillers. To me, the essence of a great thriller lies not in its action sequences but in the connection that the author is able to establish between their characters and readers. Connections don’t have to be all positive either. Readers can also make connections with the bad guys/girls. Part of the fun of reading thrillers is cheering for the payback that a nemesis receives – I find it cathartic and a way for me to vent frustrations that build in me caused by people in the ‘real’ world.

Like the best of all genres, the very best thrillers all have the same power over me. They draw me into their reality. I read in bed, before I go to sleep, so I’m able to let all of my reality dissipate as I open my favorite thrillers. That allows me to melt into the story and setting. With the best thrillers written – I attest that I can actually smell the smells, hear the sounds and feel the weather on my skin as I read them … a fantastic experience, each time!

From the time I was very young, I not only read thrillers but I composed them in my mind. Can you believe that there have been some characters and storylines that have endured for decades, in my head … it’s true! I started writing them down long ago – but never completed a manuscript. Why? I never considered that I could be a writer … looking back, I guess it had to do with little self-confidence.

That changed when I met my wife and we created four beautiful sons! My wife Lisa was the one to see my frustration … my utter incompleteness, I guess you could call it. She made it simple for me, “Just write down what’s in that head of yours, so I can experience that world you live in!” That’s what she said and that’s what I did. In January 2011, I published _The Watchman of Ephraim_, a story about a man who channels the agony and rage from a great personal loss into outward concern for others … to me, that’s one definition of a hero. Let me introduce you to Cris De Niro and his reality …
************

Author Bio
Gerard de Marigny is the author of the geopolitical thriller, _The Watchman of Ephraim_, Book 1 of THE Cris De Niro series. The sequel, _Signs of War_ is scheduled for release in September 2011.

Gerard de Marigny resides in the beautiful foothills of Las Vegas, NV with his wife Lisa and his four sons. When not bending an arm with friends at the local pub, he's putting to paper the stories and characters that are alive in his mind.

Author/Publisher Sites

Author's Website: www.GerarddeMarigny.com
Author's Blog: SelfPubber's Pub

Social Networking Sites
Facebook Page: www.Facebook.com/GerarddeM
Twitter: www.twitter.com/GerarddeMarigny
Goodreads: www.goodreads.com/gerard_demarigny
LinkedIn: www.LinkedIn.com/in/GerarddeMarigny
MySpace: www.MySpace.com/GerarddeMarigny

Buy Links
Amazon: Gerard de Marigny Books
Barnes & Noble: Gerard de Marigny Books
Smashwords (all eBook formats): _The Watchman of Ephraim_
Personalized, signed copies are available at the author's website: www.GerarddeMarigny.com (all transactions secure via PayPal)
Sounds like a great read. For more information about the book, visit www.GerarddeMarigny.com.

-----------------------------------
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

2 comments :

  1. Thanks so much Rashmi for the opportunity to stop by your great site and share why I write thrillers with your friends and followers!

    Hey all, Feel free to leave a comment or contact me directly via email: g@GerarddeMarigny.com. Would love to hear from you! c",)

    Also if you'd like to make friends with this writer in Nevada, just link with me on Twitter, Facebook, &/or Goodreads.

    Oh, one more thing ... I've written an article on a topic that is very meaningful to me and others touched by the events of 9/11. It's called, "Inspiration from Tragedy: A Hero born from 9/11" (http:www.GerarddeMarigny.com) and I would really appreciate it if you'd give it a read. No worries, it's not long and it's free.

    If you like it, please hit the "Tweet" button at the bottom of it and/or the "Like" button. Again, it's here at my website: http://www.GerarddeMarigny.com

    You have my sincere gratitude in advance! Peace,
    Gerard de Marigny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Gerard!

    ReplyDelete