In the tradition of Gail Sheehy’s classic Passages, All Things at Once shows women how to reach their full potential in all areas of life --- and at every stage of their journey. Readers will recognize their friends, their mothers, their daughters and themselves in this refreshingly honest memoir.
As the co-host of MSNBC’s popular morning show "Morning Joe," Mika Brzezinski has established herself as a leading political news journalist and beloved television personality.
But success hasn’t always come easy for Mika. Growing up the only daughter of a former National Security Advisor, she struggled to find an identity in a family of over-achievers. She found her dream job early on and was hailed as the "It Girl" of CBS, only to be fired just a few short years later. After an unsuccessful stint as a stay-at-home mom, Mika went back to the workplace with encouragement from her then-8-year-old daughter. She took a job that seemed a long-shot at best, and against all odds achieved the greatest success of her career. Now, in a time when many women are losing their jobs or struggling to find the perfect balance between work and home, Mika guides women of all ages to a place where they can find peace and fulfillment in their lives.
Blending the personal with the prescriptive, All Things at Once addresses the perpetual question of "having it all" when it comes to work and family; the importance of remaining equally humble in the face of great success and seemingly devastating setbacks; as well as the necessity of knowing and embracing our limitations so that we may transcend them.
Mika Brzezinski has been blogging about All Things at Once for The Huffington Post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mika-brzezinski. Mika was recently on The Today Show as well! Further information about All Things at Once and Mika can be found online at MorningMika.com, including her tour schedule and other events, press coverage and more.
A copy of this book will go to one lucky reader.
- If you were to back as somebody else in your next life, who'd it be?
- Please list your email address within your comment so that you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner.
- Readers who've won here in the last 6 months are not eligible.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
Deadline Midnight CST of March 3, 2010.
Eligibility US only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
Note - This book was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.