Gloria Sterling had it all -- money, looks, and a new sexy young husband. So when she's found floating face down in her own swimming pool, shock waves ripple through tiny Plum Harbor. At the Black Sheep Knitting Shop, Maggie Messina and her circle are devastated to lose their dear friend -- a woman as colorful as her fabulous yarn creations.
The police are quick to call it an accident, but sorting out Gloria's final hours leaves too many loose ends to satisfy her friends. The vivacious, fiftysomething cougar had her French manicured tips in more than a few pots, and the threads of some inside deals stashed in her chic knitting tote.
Who was the last person to see Gloria alive on that quiet summer night? Two empty wine glasses suggest she wasn't home alone knitting the entire evening.... The Black Sheep need to know the truth and set out to unravel -- stitch by stitch -- the weighty secrets that pulled poor Gloria under.
********It was a fun book, overall. I haven't read the first book in the series, and I did get the feeling that the relationship between the women was well established in that one. But it's taken for granted in this one and that was a bit jarring to a newbie to the series like myself. The mystery part is good but the focus is more on the women of the knitting club, their friendship and complex inter-relationships and how they're affected by and solve the murder that comes along shockingly to upset their lives. Knitting has always been a part of my life but I've never really gotten "into" it. But this book and the cozy companionship of the women involved has me thinking of picking up the threads again!
All in all, it's a great read to pass an afternoon, whether reading alone or with friends.
A copy of this book will go to one lucky reader.
- Tell me something about women and friendship.
- You must include your email address at the end of your comment, so you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner. Use the format abc AT xyz DOT com, to avoid spammers.
- Readers who've won here in the last 6 months are not eligible.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
Deadline Midnight CST of Feb 19, 2010.
Eligibility US only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
Note - This book was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.