Gideon Jukes and Juliana Lovell, on opposite sides of the struggle, meet during one of the era's most crucial events. After adversity and loss, their mutual attraction may one day bring the comfort and companionship for which they both have yearned. But the flowering of radical thought collapses; its failure leads to endless plots and strange alliances. And shadows from the past threaten them individually and together in their hard-won peace.
Like Margaret Mitchell's Gone with the Wind and John Jakes' North and South, Lindsey Davis brings to life a turbulent time through the stories of those who struggled, fought, lived and loved on all sides of a defining and devastating struggle.
And here is Lindsey herself to tell us all about . Welcome, Lindsey! I have to say I adored the Falco novels, btw :)
I adore long books and in fact, am well into this one, but haven't quite finished it yet. Hopefully soon :) From having read her Falco novels, I know that Lindsey does her research very well. Moreover, through her characters and their experiences she gives readers a first hand glimpse into history that makes it come to vivid life! So be prepared to be sucked into a good book.
A copy of this book will go to one lucky reader.
- Tell me why you want to win.
- You must include your email address at the end of your comment, so you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner. Use the format abc AT xyz DOT com, to avoid spammers.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
- Readers who've won here in the last 3 months are not eligible.
Deadline Midnight CST of Feb 21, 2010.
Eligibility US only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
Note - This book was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.