Synopsis - An angry rebel, John dropped out of school and enlisted in the Army, not knowing what else to do with his life--until he meets the girl of his dreams, Savannah. Their mutual attraction quickly grows into the kind of love that leaves Savannah waiting for John to finish his tour of duty, and John wanting to settle down with the woman who captured his heart. But 9/11 changes everything. John feels it is his duty to re-enlist. And sadly, the long separation finds Savannah falling in love with someone else.
Nicholas Sparks sure knows how to tug the heartstrings in yet another moving & romantic story of star-crossed lovers. I had the pleasure of listening to the audiobook edition which is read flawlessly by actor and voiceover artist Holter Graham. His voice is soothing and hypnotizing as he narrates the conflicts and the love and the bittersweet aspect of it all. And with subtle changes of tone and pitch, Graham is able to distinguish the various characters with aplomb.
You can listen to an excerpt here. And even watch the movie trailer there.
A copy of this audiobook will go to one lucky reader.
Note - No PO boxes, please.
- Recommend any other Hachette audiobook to me. (other than the ones reviewed on this blog)
- Please list your email address within your comment so that you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
- Readers who've won here in the last 3 months are not eligible.
Deadline Midnight CST of January 20, 2010.
Eligibility US & Canada only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
Note - This book was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.