CONGRATS TO LUCKY WINNER - WENDY!
I love books that have the power to make me feel like a young girl again, while at the same time making the adult in me laugh and shake her head to read the antics of the characters. That's exactly the case with Ivy and Bean : Doomed to Dance (book 6 of the series) in which author Annie Barrows shows young readers what happens when they get exactly what they ask for.
After begging their parents for ballet lessons, Ivy and Bean finally get what they want...well, not exactly. Much to their surprise, it turns out ballet lessons do not include karate chops and roundhouse kicks to the villain's heart. The girls have no interest in learning how to dance gracefully, but they promised their parents they would finish the entire ballet course!
When it comes time for Ivy and Bean to participate in the ocean-themed class recital, the girls must figure out a way to get out of it without breaking their promises. The result is the brainchild of some devious thinking that takes the young girls of an adventure of a different sort!
Barrows' writing is very natural and its easy to imagine the two girls' disappointment at learning ballet is hard work and not all action and fun. Their inventive ideas to get out of performing and how it all ultimately ends makes a delightful story for kids and adults alike. The relationship between Ivy and Bean holds no surprises and its easy to like and understand (and even envy) their friendship, even though they're really not all that similar.
You can read more about this fun series as well as enter contests, view videos etc at the official site at Chronicle Books. Check out the trailer to get a sneak peak at what mischief Ivy & Bean have gotten into now : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke-Sx-AYxcc
A copy of this book will go to one lucky reader.
- Read any other interesting children's book recently? Tell me about it (and why you're recommending it).
- Please list your email address within your comment so that you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
- Readers who've won here in the last 3 months are not eligible.
Deadline Midnight CST of January 15, 2010.
Eligibility US & Canada only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
Note - This book was received for review/feature consideration.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.