Congrats to lucky winner - Clenna!
Come experience a world of fun and mischief in Francesca Simon’s latest books, Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter and Horrid Henry's Underpants!
Don't know who Horrid Henry is?! Here's a brief intro:
Francesca Simon is one of the world's best-loved children's authors. She is the only American to have ever won the Galaxy Book Award, and her creation, Horrid Henry, is the #1 bestselling chapter book series in the UK—with a hit TV show and over fifteen million copies sold! Each book contains four easy-to-read stories and hilarious illustrations by the one and only Tony Ross, so even the most reluctant of readers won't be able to resist Henry's amazing talent for trouble!
In Horrid Henry and the Scary Sitter, Horrid Henry encounters the worst babysitter in the world; traumatizes his parents on a long car trip; goes trick-or-treating at Halloween (with disastrous results); and emerges victorious from a raid on Moody Margaret's Secret Club.
In Horrid Henry's Underpants, Horrid Henry makes a deal with his parents in return for eating his veggies; accidentally wears girls' underwear to school; tries to prove he is sicker than his brother; and writes the meanest thank-you cards ever (and makes money on it too).
Without a doubt, these are some of the funniest kid stories I've ever read! Have you ever read "Dennis the Menace"? These books remind me irresistibly of those. Written in the same mischievous yet innocent, tongue-in-cheek manner, trouble finds Henry whether he's looking for it or not (and yes, he's often looking for it!). Amusing and appealing, they made me glad that my kids don't behave as horribly as that - yet! If you haven't picked up a Horrid Henry book yet, make it your goal this holiday season. More info on this series can be found at Sourcebooks.
A copy of Horrid Henry and the Mummy's Curse will go to one lucky reader. In this book, Horrid Henry indulges his favorite hobby—collecting Gizmos; has a bad time with his spelling homework; starts a rumor that there's a shark in the swimming pool; and spooks Perfect Peter with the mummy's curse.
- Recommend another book or series about a young, mischievous kid (other than Horrid Henry and Dennis the Menace).
- Please list your email address within your comment so that you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
Deadline Midnight CST of November 23, 2009.
Eligibility US only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.