Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Author Guest Post - Randall Lang

Today I'm pleased to welcome Author Randall Lang. His guest post here today is part of this book's virtual tour, courtesy Pump Up Your Book Promotion.

I GOTTA’ STOP DRIVING ON SUNDAY

As a recovering roadrunner, I have been mercifully able to forget most of the silly things that I used to see during my 2-1/2 hours of daily commuting. Benefitting from the side effects of chronology and accumulation, I no longer have to squeeze my metallic missile among hundreds of others trying desperately to get to the slave ship by the appointed hour, followed by the whole thing in reverse eight insufferable hours later. Like a man awakened from a coma, I have rediscovered the joy of driving during non-rush hours on two-lane roads without feeling the insatiable need to pass everything in front of me. It is a luxury to which I have quickly adapted and enjoy immensely. Then I dropped my guard!

Forget that I should know better, I hit the interstate highway late on a Sunday afternoon. They were all waiting for me! The entire cadre of crazies, lost souls, tuners, boom-boxers, left-laners, designated speed controllers, mating tractor-trailers, and numerous other accidents waiting to happen who remain, as of yet, unlabelled. It was frightening! I took the first available exit to the parallel ‘scenic’ two-lane route. Even though I had escaped traffic bedlam, the old instincts and thought processes had, by now, been aroused. Cruising easily through small towns and villages without names, I began to relax and look around.

I have a car with a convertible top, and I adore it. Barring driving rain or blowing snow, that top is down and I am enjoying sights, sounds, and smells that are simply unavailable to those who ‘cage up’ behind tinted glass and breath artificially-chilled recycled air in cars sealed tighter than an RCA vacuum tube. This particular day was cloudless, eighty degrees, and gorgeous. Among the traffic coming in the other direction were several other convertible cars, all with top up and windows closed. “Why’d you buy it?” Why would someone spend the extra money for a convertible car if they aren’t going to use it? If not on such a beautiful day, then when? As I travelled on, other oddities confronted me. Ahead was a car built in Korea with an American flag sticker on the back. Wouldn’t it make more sense to have a Korean flag on a Korean car? I’ve never figured out why anyone would by a car from a country that can’t make a shirt, but to each his own.

I saw lots of pick-up trucks, many with big wheels and loud exhausts, but none was hauling anything but people. If you don’t have to haul anything, wouldn’t it make more sense to drive a car and rent a truck for the occasions when you haul stuff? I was jarred from my thoughts by the passing of a ‘tuner’ with an enormous stereo system that threatened to deafen me and an exhaust system that sounded like an angry wasp on steroids trapped in a tin can. Does it make sense to have a car with less power than your stereo speakers? I gotta’ stop driving on Sunday, it makes my head hurt.

Randall Lang grew up in the tough coalfields of southwestern Pennsylvania where nothing comes easily. It is a world of limited opportunity and few roles to follow. Dreams are quickly vanquished in the shadows of necessity and creativity is usually buried beneath an avalanche of cynicism. However, epiphanies come in all shapes, sizes, and in a wide range of locations. In the dark and quiet world of the underground worksite, the stories within him began to take form. Years later, Randall is the author of eight books of erotic stories published by Renaissance E Books, has contributed to two erotic anthologies, and the recently released Magnificent Man, a romance story published by Midnight Showcase. Randall’s erotic works include the five volume Trailer Park Nights series and three books of erotic short stories. These are available at http://shop.renebooks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=120. His newest release, Magnificent Man, is available from Midnight Showcase at

http://www.midnightshowcase.com/MagniMan.htm.

Visit Randall’s website, The Worlds of Randall Lang, www.randalllang.com.

Or his blog, The Mind of Randall Lang, www.randalllang.blogspot.com. It’s a strange place to be.

Randall now lives historically on an historic island in historic Wheeling, West Virginia.
______________________________________________________________________
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

3 comments :

  1. Driving-challenged myself and I enjoyed reading Randall's post! Randall is a new author for me but I will definitely check out her books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shawna L
    weloveourdogs@juno.com

    You know if erotic stories are done with taste they are really worth reading!@!!Thanks for the review I have been wanting to read something from this Author but wasn't sure if erotic stories were for me but after your mini book post and review I know now I really do need & want to read some of these amazing books ~!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Etirv & Shawna,

    Thank you for your wonderful comments. Magnificent Man is actually 'erotic romance', which means that the bedroom door stays open. It is much more romance that erotica, but it has its moments.

    Yours,

    Randall Lang

    ReplyDelete