You see, the Interactive Book-Webscene (IBW) titles are more than just books. They use a new storytelling process that combines a print book with the interactivity of multimedia components. Here's how it works: At the end of each chapter, the reader is directed to a specific link on a website associated with the book. Here, the reader views a webscene. Webscenes contain 2D and 3D animations. Each webscene is essential to the storytelling. After viewing the webscene, the reader returns to the book to read another chapter, after which are instructions to view another webscene, and so on. Each book contains 6-10 webscenes.
With kids becoming more and more web-savvy with each passing day, this is a great way to get kids reading in a way that's at once traditional and digital. Thus IBW books combine the best of both worlds. They also have extensive educational value – teaching and supporting school readiness, reading readiness, and beginning reading (i.e. inclusive of children ages 2-8 years). Their series includes :
- The Busy Preschooler's Guide to Learning, which teaches 105 learning skills, including reading readiness, listening and sequencing, motor skills, and social-emotional development.
- KA Readers entertain beginning readers with word-pattern-based storylines that build upon phonics-based reading instruction. English and Spanish text, along with ESL lessons and activities, support English Language Learners in development of vocabulary and comprehension. This may especially be of interest to Homeschoolers or those who're considering home-schooling their kids.
- Earth Academy 7 storylines follow the adventures of three space-alien exchange students as they attend school on Earth. Every book is new exploration of Earth's science and history from a space alien point of view!
- The Ghost Hunter follows two teenagers as they solve the mysteries haunting the dead. Seeing ghosts is the easy part. Seeing the world from the perspective of the long departed is a bit more challenging.
Winner gets a choice of one of two IBW prizes : The Busy Preschooler's Guide to Learning or Three KA Readers.
- Just leave a comment with your email address in the body of the comment itself telling me : why you'd like to win this prize?
- Please list your email address within your comment so that you can be notified should you be chosen as a winner.
Please leave a NEW comment for each extra entry you do.
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary feed
- 1 ENTRY - Subscribe to A Book Blogger's Diary Email Updates
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary Button (see right sidebar) to your blog
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary text link to your blog roll
- 1 ENTRY - Add A Book Blogger's Diary to your Technorati Favorites
- 1 ENTRY - Become a fan of A Book Blogger's Diary on Facebook
- 1 ENTRY - Follow this blog
- DAILY ENTRY - Follow A Book Blogger's Diary on Twitter AND tweet this giveaway @callmeabookworm
- 10 ENTRIES - Blog about this giveaway including links to the Sponsor and this giveaway
- UNLIMITED ENTRIES - Comment on any non-giveaway post. Comment here with the title of that post for each you do.
Deadline Midnight CST of August 24, 2009.
Eligibility US only.
Please read the Disclaimer. Good luck!
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.