Wednesday, November 5, 2008

What Wednesday #1

Have you ever seen that quiz show on Discovery channel, called Cash Cab?

I just love it! Hubby and I have spent many an enjoyable evening calling out the answers to the questions that cabby Ben asks. I was just looking up the answer to a question he  asked the other day when, following a link to another link to another, I came across an interesting book fact. I thought I'd share it with you guys and make is sort of a regular feature.

So, here's interesting book fact #1!
The origin of the Latin word for book, liber, comes from the Romans who used the thin layer found between the bark and the wood (the liber) before the times of parchment. The English word comes from the Danish word for book, bog, meaning birch tree, as the early people of Denmark wrote on birch bark.
If you know of any interesting book or book-related facts, I'll be happy to post it on this feature! Just let me know.
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

0 People said :

Post a Comment