Thursday, November 6, 2008

Author Michael Crichton Dies

Just minutes earlier, I was browsing the web that I came across the shocking news that one of my favorite authors of all times, Michael Crichton, had died yesterday!

I was in utter disbelief, to say the least. Convinced it was some sort of internet hoax, I went checking and found that this dismal news was indeed true.

From the Associated Press website:
Michael Crichton, the million-selling author who made scientific research terrifying and irresistible in such thrillers as "Jurassic Park," "Timeline" and "The Andromeda Strain," has died of cancer, his family said. Crichton died Tuesday in Los Angeles at age 66 after privately battling cancer.
It is a great tragedy indeed! He was an author like none other, with a terrific skill that blended fiction and reality to produce novels that were technologically terrifying and yet, with an undeniable kernel of truth to them. From "Sphere" to "Jurassic Park", "Disclosure" to "State of Fear", he wrote books that were unique and simply mesmerizing.

I've collected many of his books and rank them highly among my favorites. And I had looked forward to years of collecting many more. Unfortunately, no more brilliant works by that scitillating author will be forthcoming.

Rest in peace, beloved writer.

*****
I just went to the Harper Collins website to see what they had to say about Crichton's passing and saw that renowned author Tony Hillerman had also passed away - what a tragedy!

RIP.

______________________________________________________________________
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.

1 comment :

  1. Isn't this sad? I loved Jurassic Park and ER has always been a favorite of mine. :(

    ReplyDelete