Monday, September 29, 2008

Innovative Monday - Edition Thirteen

Almost forgot it was a Monday today!

For today's innovative book shelf or book storage solution, I bring to you the FLYBRARY BOOKSHELF!

Designed by Satina Turner, this is a Powder-coated metal wall mounted bookshelf. Books hang on metal strips to create the surface of the shelf.

This might actually work - to a certain extent. Plus point is that you can easily hang the book on the page you were reading - instant bookmark!

Of course, this bookshelf is more for decoration than serious storage. Otherwise my entire living room would be covered in these. There's also the fact that you can't see the book spines unless you're standing near, looking down on the books. That's a no-no as far as I'm concerned.

What say you?
If you like this post, then please consider subscribing to my Full Feed RSS.
You can also Subscribe by Email and have new posts sent directly to your inbox.


  1. Interesting, but I'm not sure that it would last very long at my house!

  2. I think this is one of the best innovations I've seen you post. I really like it.

  3. I'm thinking that this would be great next to the bed, but not for permanent storage, of course. It would just be convenient for the books I'm currently reading.

  4. It certainly is an intriguing one for sure!